2/3 cup of oil – I use coconut oil. Feel free to use any kind of light tasting oil. If it’s a strong oil like Olive you will probably be able to taste it in the muffins and that just sounds gross.
1 1/2 cups of sugar – I use organic cane sugar, but literally any kind will work.
2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
3 Cups of Flour – I used whole wheat flour but you can use white flour or any kind it honestly doesn’t matter.
1 cup of Baking Cocoa
2 tsp of Baking Soda
1 tsp of Salt
1 Cup of Mini Chocolate Chips- Or Big ones or a whole bag. It’s chocolate it doesn’t matter how much or what size it is.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 176 degrees Celsius
- Peel the bananas and place them in a blender cup. Next, crack in the eggs. If you’re using coconut oil, blend the eggs and bananas together first.
- Then, add the coconut oil while the blender is running. This is because coconut oil will harden when it gets cold and make it really hard to mix in smoothly. If you’re not using coconut oil, skip this step and just add the oil to the eggs and the bananas and blend until smooth.
- Pour the egg, oil, and banana mixture into a large mixing bowl and mix in the sugar and vanilla.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients except the chocolate chips together.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix again.
- Grease your muffin tin.
- If you’re using a mini muffin tin, put the batter into a gallon sized ziplock, let out all of the air and zip it shut.
- Cut off one corner of the bag and pipe the batter into the muffin tin. I use mini chocolate chips so that I don’t have to cut a large corner off of the bag. Also, that’s usually what we have on hand.
- Place into the pre-heated oven and bake for 10 minutes if making mini muffins or 20ish minutes if using a normal muffin tin. I haven’t made these in a normal muffin tin for a long time so you’re gonna have to guess on that one.
- When a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean, your muffins are ready!
- Take them out of the oven and let them cool in the muffin tin for a few minutes. Then take them out of the pan and place on a wire rack to cool.
Here’s the handy printable: Double Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins PDF
Y’all, this recipe is seriously one of my absolute favorite recipes EVER!!! Literally, any time we have bananas that are overripe, I make these. So freaking amazing! You have to try them! Also, if you’re not a big fan of bananas, there isn’t a strong banana flavor. They’re quite rich and just delicious.